Spicy Salmon Burgers
Fresh salmon is mixed with chipotle salsa, diced onion and seasoned bread crumbs, and then formed into patties to become juicy burgers packed with Omega-3 oils.
- 3 to 4 Sea Best Salmon Fillets
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chipotle salsa
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Thaw Sea Best Salmon. Dice and measure 2 cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the Sea Best Salmon, bread crumbs, red onion, scallions, salt and pepper. Combine chipotle salsa and egg whites in a small bowl; stir into salmon mixture just until combined.
- Divide the mixture into four portions; shape each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon patties; cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Serve patties on toasted hamburger buns spread with mayonnaise. Top with tomato slices and lettuce or your favorite toppings.