Extreme Clam Chowder
Classic New England clam chowder is put over the top with a heaping handful of clam strips, bacon and fresh herbs.
- 1 cup bacon, cut into ½” pieces
- 1-¼ cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (10 ounces) Sea Best Breaded Clam Strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, cook bacon until crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add the onions, celery and garlic to drippings; cook for 8-10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add thyme; cook 1 minute longer.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add potatoes and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook Sea Best Breaded Clam Strips in heated oil according to package directions until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve chowder topped with fried clam strips; garnish with chives.