Chorizo sausage, onions and potatoes transform these whiting fillets into a flavorful and special casserole dish.
- 1-½ pounds fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups sliced white onions
- 1 cup crumbled Mexican chorizo sausage
- 6 Sea Best Whiting Fillets, thawed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Toss fingerlings in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place on a baking sheet; bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of a potato comes out easily.
- Cool; cut each potato in half.
- Combine the onions, chorizo, halved potatoes and remaining oil in an ungreased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle Sea Best Whiting Fillets with salt and pepper. Place on the onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.