Ahi Tuna Salad Melt
Ahi tuna adds an unexpected, irresistible flavor and hearty texture to the traditional sandwich filler, leaving the kids (and everyone else) feeling satisfied.
- 3 Sea Best Ahi Tuna Steaks, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup pickles, diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh dill, lightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 6 kaiser rolls
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- In cast iron skillet, sear tuna steaks 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove steaks while still pink in the middle and let cool.
- Roughly chop tuna steaks and mix together with mayo, carrots, celery, pickles, dill, salt and pepper.
- Fill rolls with mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake in oven at 400°F until cheese melts.
- Serve with frozen grapes.
Chef’s Note: If using long rolls (like hoagie rolls), cut them from the top so the rolls spread open like hot dog buns for easier eating. This recipe is also great with Sea Best shrimp or crab, but unlike the tuna, make sure the shrimp or crab is cooked through before mixing. Check the packages or product pages for easy-to-follow cooking instructions.