Premium Raw Scallops
Moderate Flavor, Medium Texture, Whole Scallops
These plump, premium scallops are so tender, they’re likely to melt in your mouth. Sea Best Premium Raw Scallops are best when baked or broiled and brushed with butter. Add seasonings to taste and serve for a romantic dinner for two or for easy-to-eat, irresistible appetizers to pass around at a party.
Broil • Bake
To Thaw: Place unopened package in refrigerator and allow to thaw overnight. Remove scallops from packaging and rinse with cold running water and drain. For quicker thawing, remove scallops from package and place in a bowl under cold running water for 3 to 5 minutes, then drain.
Simple Preparation Instructions: For best taste and texture, bake or broil the scallops.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place scallops in lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Season with salt, pepper and butter or margarine.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness of scallop until it is just opaque throughout.
- Preheat broiler pan. If desired, season scallops with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place pan containing scallops 4 to 5 inches from heat and broil 6 to 10 minutes.
CAUTION: Contents will be hot. Heating times are approximate. They will vary due to the make, model and temperature calibration of your stove or oven
Recipes Featuring this Product
Sea Best employs a large team of university-trained, quality-control inspectors to inspect all products received and ensure they’re kept at the highest quality.